Tanzu Product Releases Read Previous Tanzu Updates
Check out Tanzu Product releases for this week and release notes for more details.
VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition (TKGI)
Check Release Notes for Resolved issues, Product Snapshot details
SaaS Product Patch Release Updates
Tanzu Mission Control (TMC)
Added administrative default settings for policies and Added options for policy enforcement. Check Release Notes for details.
Feb 23 updates
VMware Data Solutions (formerly Tanzu Data Services)
Check Release Notes for Packages and changes info
VMware GemFire for Tanzu Application Service
Runs GemFire version 9.15.4 and TAS version compatibility details in Release Notes.
Knowledge Base Article
VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS)
- False positives in McAfee scans - VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs - KB article explains the reason and why this is a benign behavior.
- "No data" issue shown for bosh-director-health on healthwatch 2.x due to the ID issue of p-bosh-GUID - This is shown for bosh-director-health on healthwatch 2.x. Check the KB article for the cause and resolution details.
- Dynatrace requests to restart oneagent in the Diego cell - Check KB article to see the resolution to make the process pick up the new version of OneAgent
- Droplet creation requires large staging container disk - This KB article will detail a workaround for applications that require large amounts of disk space to stage its droplet.
- How to confirm your nats servers are running NATs v2 - We will be removing NATS 1.0 in a future release. To make sure that your environment is ready for this change, make sure your nats instance runs NATS v2. Check KB for details.
VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI)
- Wavefront collector is not able to scrape prometheus metrics from CoreDNS pods in a TKGI cluster - TKGI v1.11.5 & greater or v1.12.x, this issue is already fixed in those releases. This KB article provides a workaround for the versions impacted with details.
- Wavefront collector service account cannot list ReplicationControllers & Secrets in a TKGI cluster - TKGI v1.11.5 & greater or v1.12.x, this issue is already fixed in those releases. This KB article provides a workaround for the versions impacted with details.
- Kubelet Fails to Run in Worker Node After Recreate - This is due to issues with the docker cache. Check KB for resolution.
- kubectl commands are slow to complete in Tanzu Kubernetes Grid 1.2.1 - The issue happens if the TKG node VMs are placed on NSX-T-backed virtual networks and the CNI configured is Antrea, which creates a double-Geneve encapsulation. Check KB for cause and workaround details.
- Workaround instructions to address CVE-2022-22965 in TKGI (88102) - Check KB for updated details
VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG)
- TKG Management clusters fail to upgrade or upgrade slowly when behind Azure internal load balancers. (88892) - TKG upgrades may stall indefinitely or take long periods of time to complete. Tanzu Kubernetes Grid 1.5.x and 1.6.x are affected. Check the KB article for workaround details.
VMware Tanzu Mission Control (TMC)
- TMC Contour, Cert-manager and Harbor package reconciliation failed (91079) - These packages were removed from version 1.6.1 of the repository and a new version of the repository was added by TMC. Check version details in the KB article.
VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ
- RabbitMQ Smoke test errand fails with locked Ruby Buildpack - The smoke test creates a new service instance and binds a sample ruby app to the service instance to verify the deployment. Check the cause and workaround in the KB article.
- How to scale ephemeral disk of On Demand RMQ Service Instances - This KB article shows you steps on how to increase the ephemeral disk of the RabbitMQ nodes on the On Demand cluster.
VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ for K8s
- RabbitMQ: unknown field "ports" in com.rabbitmq.v1beta1.RabbitmqCluster.spec.service - The RabbitmqCluster resource does not support spec.ports and hence the error. Check the resolution details in the KB article.
- RabbitMQ: PerfTest with SSL/TLS - This KB article provides general steps on how to configure the perftest with SSL/TLS.
- VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes ignores "disk_free_limit.absolute" config setting - This KB article provides the resolution for this.
- Rabbitmq for Kubernetes fails to load Mnesia db due to pvc issues - rabbitmq pods are not in running state. Check this KB article for troubleshooting tips on various K8 platform
Customer Success Story
Enterprise Service Group (ESG) Research
Tanzu Kubernetes Operations (TKO) - Economic Validation Tanzu for Kubernetes Operations
According to ESG Research, nearly 9 in 10 respondents surveyed indicated that their organization currently deploys production applications and server workloads on public cloud infrastructure. VMware Tanzu for Kubernetes Operations Delivers for Application Modernization - Check the InfoGraphic details as PDF and Analyst Report
This infographic explores the benefits that customers can realize when deploying VMware Tanzu for Kubernetes Operations. Customers that ESG spoke with highlighted that Tanzu for Kubernetes Operations helped their organizations to simplify, secure, and optimize the deployment, management, and operations of a Kubernetes platform for modernized applications.
Blogs and Videos
Tanzu Mission Control (TMC)
- Automate Kubernetes Platform Operations with Tanzu - Scott R ‘s blog explores ways to automate your Kubernetes platform operations with Tanzu usingTerraform Provider for Tanzu Mission Control to create clusters and add integrations.
Tanzu Application Platform (TAP)
- 3 Key Takeaways from CloudNativeSecurityCon 2023 - Tazin P walks you through on hot topics of CloudNativeSecurityCon, especially Supply chain security topic and how TAP is designed around this outcome
- Introduction To Backstage In The Tanzu Application Platform: Part 2 - The TAP Portal | VMware Tanzu - (Video) Andrei Z describes how the Core features of Backstage enhance (and are enhanced) by the Tanzu Application Platform.
- Backstage and the Tanzu Application Platform: Part 3 - Intro to Backstage’s Object Model - (Video) Andrei Z describes the object model of Backstage that is primarily used in the Software Catalog plugin and others
- Deploy a Tanzu Application Platform Multicluster Reference Architecture with AWS Quickstart - (Video) - Aaron M demonstrates how with a few simple clicks, you can have access to a multi-cluster Tanzu Application Platform environment according to reference architecture
- Kubernetes on vSphere For Dummies - Boskey S and Steve H describes how to run Kubernetes on your existing infrastructure and speed up developer velocity
Webinars and Events
Tanzu Mission Control (TMC) - Have you registered for this yet? Don’t miss it!!!
Mar 2 - Introduction to Tanzu Mission Control - Carol P and Corey D invite you to this webinar. This session will cover how to adopt a Kubernetes management tool , overview of TMC etc. Register today!!
Mar 7 - Deliver Software to Production Quickly and Securely with VMware Tanzu - This talk examines application security starting from the app code down to the Kubernetes clusters running application containers.
Feb 28 - Simplify Operations with GemFire Management Console - This session will help learn how developers and operators can configure, manage, and monitor GemFire clusters
DevSecOps Tech Talks - Virtual Series (EMEA)
Join us for a 3-part series to learn how you can enhance the speed and security of your app delivery value stream—from development to production—enabling a true DevSecOps approach for your organization. These sessions are led by lead solution engineers and Tech marketing architects from VMware Tanzu. Register Now
- Mar 2 - Session 2 - Accelerate Your Path to Secure Production
- Mar 3 - Session 3 - Develop a Modern Security Strategy for Modern Apps
Note: Giving away Free copies of the newly released book: DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu to a few lucky winners!
Golden Path to SpringOne Join in Application Developers !!!
Lineup of Speakers from VMware and beyond, cover everything from Spring, programming tools, platforms, and tech stacks to the people, processes, culture changes, and real-world stories that will empower today’s developers to do more. New shows air every Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm ET until we see you at SpringOne at VMware Explore in August 2023.
- Feb 28 - Reactive Microservices with Spring Boot and Jhipster with GitHub Actions and Feature Flags - This session will show you how to use JHipster to create a reactive microservices architecture with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Keycloak, and run it all in Docker
- Mar 2 - Why You Don't Need to Worry About Scaling Your Spring Web App - This session will help learn about solid load-testing processes and skills that make you never worry about scaling your Spring web apps again.
Note: Sign in to Tanzu TechZone to browse between editions, pin content, rate content, build favorites lists, etc.
Thanks and Regards,
Aruna Srinivasan (She/Her)
Sr. Digital Content Manager - Tanzu Customer Success