Tanzu Product Releases
Check out Tanzu Product releases for this week and release notes for more details
VMware Data Solutions (formerly Tanzu Data Services)
VMware Tanzu GemFire
Maintenance release, which includes fixes for security issues. Check Related links for the details.
VMware RabbitMQ® for Tanzu® Application Service™
Spring Cloud Gateway
Knowledge Base Articles
Operations Manager (OpsMan)
- OM fails to login after AWS Elastic IP changes - If you do not use a Hostname and use an Elastic IP address when configuring Ops Manager on AWS, you can run into a situation when the Elastic IP address changes and UAA fails to login due to the callback URL changing
VMware Tanzu Application Platform (TAP)
- Installation of policy controller fails with error "Failed to initialize TUF client from : updating local metadata and targets: error updating to TUF remote mirror: tuf: invalid key" - After TAP 1.3.0 is installed, TAP fails to start and TAP-GUI is inaccessible. Check the resolution and workaround in the article.
VMware Tanzu Application Services for VMs (TAS)
- Deploying app with large artifact failed with "500 Internal Server Error" - When pushing an application with large artifact to TAS using internal WebDAV as file storage, it failed with "500 Internal Server Error". Check resolution in the article.
- "Error: Metric Store error" is shown in App Metrics UI - Error: Metric Store error was shown in App Metrics UI within a few minutes of accessing the dashboard as well as some red graphs. The issue exists in Metric Store v1.5.2 and earlier releases and fixed in 1.5.3+
VMware licensing terms have been updated with this release. Until you accept the new VMware General Terms by downloading any 9.15.3 artifact and 9.10.17 from network.tanzu.vmware.com, your automated processes using docker pull or Pivnet cli will be unable to download. Check the KB articles below for details
- Alert: New license change for GemFire version 9.15.3
- Alert: New license change for GemFire version 9.10.17
Product Issue Awareness
VMware Tanzu Application Services (TAS)
Java Buildpack 4.52 Deprecation of Spring Cloud Connectors & Spring Auto Reconfiguration
Impacted Product versions
TAS versions 2.11.28, 2.12.18, or 3.0.0. These versions of TAS contain java-offline-buildpack version 4.52. The release notes for these versions have been updated to indicate the breaking change.
It changes the default behavior of Spring Auto Reconfiguration. Deploying applications that rely on this capability may break silently.
A new Java buildpack 4.53 reverts this behavior so that Spring Auto Reconfiguration is no longer disabled by default.
Knowledge Base Article
Java Buildpack - Deprecation of Spring Cloud Connectors & Spring Auto Reconfiguration - The article contains guidance for both developers and operators in handling this deprecation in Java Buildpack
Customer Success Stories
Kooperativa Insurance Company
Kooperativa Success Story with VMware® Tanzu™ Kubernetes Grid™
The Kooperativa Insurance Company Responds Effectively To Client and Market Needs
Kooperativa is a universal insurance company offering a wide range of services and comprehensive portfolio of insurance policies for individuals, small and medium-sized enterprises and corporations.
“Tanzu gives us a much greater degree of flexibility when developing new applications as well
as modifying existing ones. It guarantees high availability, which is critical for our clients,
in particular in online services.” - Jan Váňa, Infrastructure Manager, Kooperativa
Blogs and Videos
VMware IT success story on using Tanzu products
VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) with VMware Customer Connect
- How VMware IT rearchitected VMware Customer Connect with lightweight microservices, built and delivered using Spring Boot and VMware Tanzu Application Service
VMware Tanzu Observability
- How VMware IT Built a Modern Application Platform with VMware Tanzu - used these Tanzu solutions VMware Tanzu® Kubernetes Grid™, VMware Tanzu® Application Service™, VMware Tanzu® Mission Control™, Harbor, VMware Aria Automation Pipelines™, VMware Application Catalog™, VMware Aria Operations™ for Applications
VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS)
Demo: Log Quotas in VMware Tanzu Application Service 3.0 (Video) - Nick H describes the log quotas now available in VMware Tanzu Application Service 3.0 in this demo.
Tanzu Mission Control (TMC)
- Sync Your GitOps Toolchain with VMware Tanzu Mission Control and Improve Cluster Group Consistency (Blog) Carol P updates us on how to further simplify cluster management and reduce operational toil in this blog. VMware Tanzu Mission Control allows operators to manage cluster configuration via UI, CLI, and also GitOps toolchains while supporting consistent deployment of new workloads and images no matter where they live.
Tanzu Kubernetes Operations (TKO)
Manage Containerized Workloads Anywhere with VMware Tanzu for Kubernetes Operations - Darin Z and Camille C cowrites this blog to walk you through TKO and its benefits.
Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG)
VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid 2.1 Enhances the Multi-cloud Experience - Cindy B walks you through TKG 2.1
Webinars and Events
Azure Spring Apps (ASA)
Nov 10 - Operate Enterprise-grade Spring Apps at scale on Azure, with Azure Spring Apps Enterprise - Presenting Azure Spring Apps Enterprise, a fully managed service from Microsoft built in collaboration with VMware. The Enterprise tier combines Microsoft’s cloud expertise with commercially supported Spring Runtime and VMware Tanzu components.
Tanzu Application Platform (TAP)
Nov 15 - What's New with Tanzu Application Platform 1.3 - We will review the new capabilities in Tanzu Application Platform with a Demo that further enhance developer and application operator experiences for any Kubernetes environment, increase supply chain security, and offer additional ecosystem integrations.
Nov 14 - Tanzu Talk: Reluctant to Change Crusties - Digital Transformation Bottlenecks - Check this ebook on how to accelerate digital transformation and How Duke energy and other companies have adapted to short software cycles - Case Study
VMware Explore Event - The Countdown Has Begun for VMware Explore Europe now !!
VMWare Explore ( Recap November 7-10) - General Session Replay - Catch up on all of the news and major announcements from the event here, and check out what's new with Tanzu - A Sneak Peek of Announcements at VMware Explore 2022 Europe. Check all the Event Highlights page here . Upcoming VMware Explore events and regions information below.
- Nov 15-16 VMware Explore 2022 Japan VMware Explore 2022 Singapore
- Nov 17-18 VMware Explore 2022 China
Spring One - Check the Update on dates and it will be a virtual session!!!. Register Here
SpringOne is going virtual! The SpringOne conference has moved to a free online program, taking place January 24-26, 2023. Learn more at springone.io. Check the FAQ here.
Thanks and Regards,
Aruna Srinivasan (She/Her)
Sr. Digital Content Manager - Tanzu Customer Success